VSD not saving my custom colors -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I think he means your computers Task Bar not Tool Bar :P

Website Color Schemer is an awesome little app, and it's a separate program from whatever else you are using so you don't have to use it "only" while in VSD, you can use it anytime you like to pull a color or to design a color scheme. Very slick little app.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hahaha yea sorry@!!@# Monday morning! Yes i did mean the Task Bar.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2448511 Photo

13 posts

Jo Ann, You say "you can use it anytime you like to pull a color or to design a color scheme." I get that I can have it on my task bar, but how can I "pull a color" from it to use in my VSD site? I see that Color-schemer has a number of export options (very nice) but are any of these usable by VSD?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Someone else will need to answer that one as I don't use VSD at all.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

The only way you are going to be able to use it in VSD is to copy the RGB from the schemer and manually type it into the VSD RGB settings. I don't think CC has any plans on upgrading VSD as a matter of fact I can't see it even being updated as they are moving to a more responsive application set.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2448511 Photo

13 posts

Thanks, Steve.
I may move on to RLM at some point. Right now do not have time to learn it. I trust that it is harder to master than VSD? I need to get my site up (preliminary, passable version) within a week - ten days and have many other things to attend to as well. Also I don't want to get RLM and then find out that it doesn't do what the documentation says it does. I like VSD, great product in many ways but it does not resize objects (the documentation says it does). Also, it dumps your custom colors as you say, when you close the project. Not as described in the documentation. So maybe RLM has similar issues. I think the documentation for any of these programs should accurately reflect what the program is doing in the present release. If I know a certain feature is not working, somebody please do not say in the doc that it does so it. The user then spends a lot of time trying to figure out why it isn't working. Time down the drain! Yes, there is this support board to turn to and it's great. Thanks all for your help. But accurate doc would circumvent the whole issue and the doc can easily be edited by CC issue by issue.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.