Visual Site Designer Crashes...

User 244988 Photo

Ambassador
2 posts

I’m using Vista and running the app as administrator. However it always crashes its not re creatable because it does not crash while doing the same thing it crashes when I’m editing text, adding html code, adding pictures or flash objects.

Are there updates or any known limitations when using this product on vista?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Michelle,

What version of VSD do you have? A new version 6 was released today.

The new version may solve your problems.
User 244988 Photo

Ambassador
2 posts

WOW timely and now Im having no issues at all. Thanks
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Michelle,

Always great to hear that the upgrade fixes things.
User 2047875 Photo

1 post

I am VSD Ver 7 with Windows 7.
It crashes constantly with no apparent reason. Can be adding test, pics or images.
Generally happens every 5 minutes or so.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

If you have v7.0 Build 26, then that is the latest version of VSD. It should not 'crash' and works fine on my Win7 machine. I would look at what else you have running. Also consider whether or not you have added anything recently. Was it working before? Then you added or installed something? Windows update? You may want to start with a simple uninstall/re-install and see if that works. If you have an anti-virus program running. Try getting off the net, disabling it and see if there is a difference. Don't forget to reactivate your anti-virus before connecting to the net. Bought all I can think of at the moment. Let us know if any this helps or if you are still having problems.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.