So VSD Does or Doesn't Work on...

User 2093747 Photo

69 posts

I've read the other threads but I cannot tell if most folks are able to run VSD on Windows 10 with no problems. I'm thinking of upgrading to Win 10 but don't want to until I know for sure.

I am moving folks to RSD, but this will take some time for many of my clients. Save me the notes telling me to make the change. Got it. :D

Thanks,
Bill
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

VSD does work with no problems... i still use it today.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2093747 Photo

69 posts

Steve wrote:
VSD does work with no problems... i still use it today.

Thanks Steve. I am actually looking at moving to a new laptop that will have Win 10 pre-installed. I'm assuming there have been no problems installing VSD directly on Win 10 as oppose to upgrading an existing Win 8 laptop that has VSD already installed.
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 2093747 Photo

69 posts

I moved VSD and all my websites to a new computer with Windows 10. I tried one upload and noticed that I must do a "re-sync" to get all files transferred. First try removed the html files but didn't copy any over. Strange, but it works now.
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 1893745 Photo

1 post

I have one issue with running VSD on Windows 10. Occasionally my screen will go blank when I am editing my site or trying to publish it. The only way I've found to recover is to close the ap. Any ideas or suggestions?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

George Bailey wrote:
I have one issue with running VSD on Windows 10. Occasionally my screen will go blank when I am editing my site or trying to publish it. The only way I've found to recover is to close the ap. Any ideas or suggestions?

I just replied to your support ticket George on that. ;)

First, did you know VSD has been discontinued? There will be no further updates to VSD and all support will end on January 1, 2016. Instead, Check out Responsive Site Designer!

This could mean your registry settings have become corrupted somehow. What we will need to do is clear out all your registry settings allowing the software to default back to the initial settings. Please note that after doing this you will have to add your FTP information again.

Step 1:

Download this file here at http://www.coffeecup.com/files/binaries/vsdfix.exe to complete this task.

Step 2 (For Windows 8/7 and Vista Only):

1. Right-click the shortcut icon, and click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Here, put a check mark by Run This Program as an Administrator.
4. Next, put a check mark next to Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For: and ensure Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 is selected.
5. Click OK.

Step 3:

Open your website in Visual Site Designer and go to the File Menu > Save As and save your website into a new folder. Now restart VSD and open the newly saved website. This will be the one you will work with from now on.

Step 4:

Once the above is complete, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Publish Menu and select FTP Account Settings and select your FTP Account.

2. Verify that all information is correct and the Remote Folder path is not empty. Typically you would enter in a / or /public_html here but you need to confirm with your hosting provider what the correct path is. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THIS PATH IS CORRECT.

3. Go to the Publish Menu and select Choose a Publishing Destination and select your FTP Account and then click Save.

4. Finally, go to the Publish Menu and select Re-Sync Website.

With any luck, everything should be back to normal.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.