New templates - edit text - Post ID...

User 2322012 Photo

65 posts

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread, even though it's two years old or more. I was about to purchase a couple of theme templates, but realized you can't edit the text so what good would they be? Can it not be done in Photoshop? I tried and couldn't seem to figure it out. You can only use the CoffeeCup program?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Tim,

Like many other programs, many themes are software specific with CoffeeCup's themes. There are many that are editable for other pieces of their software other than Visual Site Designer, but since VSD is a very self contained setup, you cannot edit the themes outside of the program. You cannot edit the website outside of the program so it stands to reason that the themes would be the same way. Well there is sort of a way you can edit them outside the program itself by saving the site (exporting basically) to a folder on your computer and then edit away in your favorite text editor. The biggest drawback here is you cannot ever edit it in the program after that as the program cannot import changes made outside of it.

As for the text you are saying you cannot edit, it's most likely because it's an Advanced Text setup and it is therefore not even text, it is an image. Guessing here since I cannot see the theme you are talking about, but that would be a pretty good guess as to why it cannot be edited. If the text were a text box etc. then you would be able to edit that inside the program with no problems so it's most likely Advanced Text (this is a setting in the program) which turns text into an image.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Jo Ann has it right that the text you cannot edit is an image. However, on most of those themes, simply delete the image in VSD and you can add your own text and/or image to replace it. Easy peasy! :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2322012 Photo

65 posts

I guess that would be something to try.. I usually find one or two themes that fit my project that I like, but swapping out their look for mine may not be good. :-) Especially when you buy them first and then can't get it to look right.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.