Linking to PDF Files - Post ID 255253

User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

I realize VSD is no longer available, but I have not worked with it for a while now and I am really just trying to get my feet wet again before I go into RSD. If I take over the club web site and redesign it, I need to have a page that is nothing more then links to PDF files and it will be a password protect page. Is this possible. If so do I need all teh PDF files i specific folder or do they simply go in the main folder?
Next question, am I wasting my time by doing a trial site in VSD and should I simply go the the RSD software?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I realize VSD is no longer available, but I have not worked with it for a while now and I am really just trying to get my feet wet again before I go into RSD. If I take over the club web site and redesign it, I need to have a page that is nothing more then links to PDF files and it will be a password protect page. Is this possible. If so do I need all teh PDF files i specific folder or do they simply go in the main folder?

With VSD this is a bit difficult but with RSD it would be extremely easy. Simply place all your PDF files in one folder under the Resources and you can then use our Website Access Manager to password protect that folder.

Next question, am I wasting my time by doing a trial site in VSD and should I simply go the the RSD software?

Yes, absolutely and 100% you are! VSD is already discontinued and all support (from us) will end on Jan 1st. Go responsive! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

As always Scott you have the answers much appreciated.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.