FTP to iPage - Post ID 242712

User 2172730 Photo

96 posts

Yes...and I'll tell you quite frankly, knowing what I know now I wish I had used S Drive.

I don't like having to come here and then go to iPage every time an issue arises. I'd like to do it all from here. I was with Go Daddy and all my sites crashed and all my info was lost. I can't begin to tell you the conflicting stories I got from GoDaddy on that. I guess I am that one in a thousand customers that didn't like Go Daddy. I moved from there to iPage because it is the top rated hosting service. I've had a ton of trouble there, as you have read about in this thread. Seems like S Drive is the next logical step. I'll start reading about it to learn more, and get some plans and prices.

Right now, I have one account with iPage, and then I have 8 more domains in that same account. That may be part of the trouble too, although they say it isn't. Would I have to have a separate account for all my domains in S Drive?

Thanks!
DS
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Don Sides wrote:
Yes...and I'll tell you quite frankly, knowing what I know now I wish I had used S Drive.

I don't like having to come here and then go to iPage every time an issue arises. I'd like to do it all from here. I was with Go Daddy and all my sites crashed and all my info was lost. I can't begin to tell you the conflicting stories I got from GoDaddy on that. I guess I am that one in a thousand customers that didn't like Go Daddy. I moved from there to iPage because it is the top rated hosting service. I've had a ton of trouble there, as you have read about in this thread. Seems like S Drive is the next logical step. I'll start reading about it to learn more, and get some plans and prices.

Right now, I have one account with iPage, and then I have 8 more domains in that same account. That may be part of the trouble too, although they say it isn't. Would I have to have a separate account for all my domains in S Drive?

Thanks!
DS

Our free plan just gives you one website. If you have multiple websites, you would have to upgrade to a paid plan. Each of our plans then offer different features.

You can view the plans here: http://www.coffeecup.com/sdrive/plans
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2172730 Photo

96 posts

One thing I like about iPage is that they have 24-7 phone support. I never would have figured this out without their phone support.

On the other hand, iPage could have caused the problem in the first place. If I hadn't used iPage I might not have even needed the tech support. It can't be that difficult to ftp something from CC to iPage. I didn't have any trouble with that until I had multiple domains and folders at iPage. It's also possible that I inadvertently didn't click on the corresponding Domain name on the left side of the CC VSD ftp window. In that case, CC might have sent a folder or files to the wrong folder in iPage. Regardless, it was a royal mess, and the first step was to delete everything in iPage and start over. Now, they tell me if I edit or change anything on my websites to delete that specific folder from iPage BEFORE sending the updated file.
User 2172730 Photo

96 posts

And now, of all things, I can't even log back into iPage. I guess that have gotten sick and tired of me over there! lol
User 2172730 Photo

96 posts

Looks like I'll be migrating over to S Drive. I've spent 30-45 here and there several times tonight trying to understand why iPage is still being cranky when I want to upload an edited web site. I have to delete the original folder, FTP a new one to iPage then go to File Manager and then to Domain Central and redirect the pointed every time, and over 50% of the time it doesn't work and we go round and round and round until it does. There is no way I can keep on with this.

I'll start asking questions on the S Drive forum soon.

Thanks again.
DS

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.