FTP Test passed. but Error occurred...

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I had exactly the same problem, turns out to be my McCaffee anti virus

Turning off firewall cures it everytime

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2273726 Photo

7 posts

Hello -

I've tried all of the above and am still getting the upload error. Any thoughts please?
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Bake wrote:
Hello -

I've tried all of the above and am still getting the upload error. Any thoughts please?

Is public_html the correct folder? Normally you should use /public_html (the / is important).
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 400782 Photo

11 posts

I am having much the same type of error any suggestions? I have tried adding / before the remote folder and got the same results.
Thanks, Tom
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Tom wrote:
I am having much the same type of error any suggestions? I have tried adding / before the remote folder and got the same results.
Thanks, Tom

Why are you still using VSD? :)

For the remote folder, place a / (slash) before public_html and see if that helps. If that does not, you would need to upload your website manually with an FTP client. All files for your website are located in the _website folder where you saved your project on your computer.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

If the FTP connection works but the site hangs up on transfer, make sure you don't have spaces or symbols in your file names. VSD will get hung up at an improperly named file; something like "My Photo/2.jpg" rather than "my-photo-2.jpg".

Why are you still using VSD? :)
'tis the season for zombies :lol:

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 400782 Photo

11 posts

Scott,
I am still using VSD BECAUSE I built my website 7 years ago for a group of about 60 Vietnam Marines to see and use. It has been uploaded and working fine ever since then with VSD. However, while attempting to install Windows 10 on my boot drive C: I crashed the drive, requiring me to replace it and do a fresh install of Windows. All of my programs, files and data were stored on another drive (D: drive). Now I am going to go back and reinstall each program, which is what I am trying to do with VSD. After downloading VSD Zip version when I opened my website with it the only thing I did not have was the FTA settings. They were blank. I had installed most of my other CoffeeCup software with FTP setting and they worked ok.

Finally, here is my fix. I went back to the copy of VSD that I had downloaded before the Zip one now available on your website and installed it. This copy of VSD shows the same version number as the Zip one, but when installed in the same location on my D: drive as the earlier one that I had lost connection with the FTP settings were back and working again. I know you don’t support VSD anymore and would prefer everyone use Responsive Site Designer but there are times when older software such as VSD are still needed. I suggest you put Visual-Site-Designer-Full-7.0.26 non zip version back as the final Visual Site Designer (Discontinued / Dead / Gone / Retired) 7.0 download for other who purchased VSD to access if need. The FTP routine works in that version.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The Version of VSD in the ZIP file is the same version we have had on our website (7.0 Build 26) for over the past 2 years. All we did was place it in a ZIP file with additional instructions about RSD. There was NOT ONE change made to VSD itself. You can also tell by the file name which is Visual-Site-Designer-Full-7.0.26.exe

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.