Changes could not be saved/ Home page...

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Eric some time ago there was a suggestion to have two versions of VSD available. Normally only one instance is allowed but if the exec file is copied to a separate directory and then copied back as say VSD2 both can be active at once. If you did that then just copy from one to the other.. May not be able to do that while active. Works with elements not whole pages but at least that type of work is saved. Also if you save often there may be a restore point available to help. I agree with one point the problem you solve yourself will never bother you again. Next option scream for help as Scott advises. I am currently writing a book on the intelligence of inanimate objects and have some strange theory's and findings to reveal.
The Guy from OZ

User 299543 Photo

1 post

I am having the exact same problem. Can't save and don't want to lose work. This is my first day with VSD. It crashed 40 minutes into my using it with your standard template before I got a chance to save. So now, I'm trying to save and the first attempt will not let me. :o I am not impressed with my first use of Coffee Cup software.
Attachments:
Ian Faulkner
the HealthWise Guy
subs@empowering.org
Phone 61 (0)425 23 22 99
Thriving in Sydney Australia
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

You may end up needing to put in a support ticket for this, but worth trying a few things first.

OH and it would be useful to the techies to Know what operating system etc you are using.

It does however sound like the program has not installed properly, This newer version of VSD has evolved, most of the old issues from 2010 repaired.

I would suggest initially un installing VSD from your computer, and then re installing a fresh download from your CC account PREFERABLY NOT WIRELESS.

Then creat a desctop folder for your VSD project to put all your pictures and files in so VSD is always looking in the same place,

Open up vsd select the template you want to use, make 1 small change, and then do a SAVE AS (FILE TOP LEFT OF SCREEN) then select SAVE AS & place it into that new folder you created on your desctop

If it works , that should solve it, if not a support ticket to CC
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts

Give this a try.:)
Configure the shortcut to always run as administrator. Here's how:

1. Right-click the shortcut icon, and click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Here, put a check mark by Run This Program as an Administrator.
4. Next, put a check mark next to Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For: and ensure Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 is selected.
5. Click OK.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Thanks! This solved my problem!
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.