Any tricks you use to load to the...

User 192897 Photo

325 posts

I have multiple servers defined in VSD that i can publish to. Guaranted at least once every few days I forgot to select the server before i publish and end up publishing to the wrong server. Nothing wrong with the software, its the USER.. i.e. Me.

Anyone have any tricks they use to avoid the above situation? Wish there was a way to select the server automatically before publishing, especially if you have defined 3-4 different servers.
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This is actually a feature that will be found in 6.1. For now, put a yellow sticky on your monitor to remind you to check this before uploading ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
This is actually a feature that will be found in 6.1. For now, put a yellow sticky on your monitor to remind you to check this before uploading ;)

LMAO - you should see how many sitckies i have on it already. I need a big monitor or a smarter brain.. Good to see this enhancement and cant wait for the new version. I already submitted a site for your test(in case you were going to ask)
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 2537075 Photo

1 post

Hi Scott,

I have the Webform builder 2.3 build 5217,

I have setup the MySQL on the server, entered the info on the saving data tab, and checked it off,

When attempting to publish it the following pops up:

Hold on Your form will appear in your S-Drive dashboard....., Note that the following options you selected will not be used by S-Drive; Save to a MysSQL Database,

so this does not make sense, as I did not select to publish to S-Drive but to my server

I look forward to your reply. mike

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Michael Comeau wrote:
Hi Scott,

I have the Webform builder 2.3 build 5217,

I have setup the MySQL on the server, entered the info on the saving data tab, and checked it off,

When attempting to publish it the following pops up:

Hold on Your form will appear in your S-Drive dashboard....., Note that the following options you selected will not be used by S-Drive; Save to a MysSQL Database,

so this does not make sense, as I did not select to publish to S-Drive but to my server

I look forward to your reply. mike

To publish your form to your own server, go to the File Menu > Export > Manual Server Setup. This will then generate all of your form files that you need to upload to your server. Simply take those files and upload them with any FTP client. At this time we only support direct form publishing to S-Drive through the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.