Placeholder for input - Post ID 268573

User 246621 Photo

15 posts

Does anyone know where the placeholder setting is for input type? I am trying to create a simple search bar, but have found no placeholder.:|

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You can use a custom Attribute "Placeholder" and enter the text there.

https://s27.postimg.org/s05m5zx43/Screen_Shot_2017_01_08_at_5_26_47_PM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 246621 Photo

15 posts

Sheesh,

This is great software, I have a lot to learn.

Thanks,

Chris.
User 246621 Photo

15 posts

Were does the attribute go after you add it. I think there is a bug. I created an input, then created an attribute Placeholder. When I clicked off the screen the attribute disappeared in the design panel but remained within the input label. I no longer have access to change it without deleting the input and starting over.

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Christopher Froman wrote:
Were does the attribute go after you add it. I think there is a bug. I created an input, then created an attribute Placeholder. When I clicked off the screen the attribute disappeared in the design panel but remained within the input label. I no longer have access to change it without deleting the input and starting over.

Yes, that is a known issue. If you wish to change the text, you will have to re-add the attribute again. We will be addressing this in one of the next releases.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 246621 Photo

15 posts

Got it.
User 2844506 Photo

7 posts

The Placeholder Attribute is not available in RSD build 2128 for any type of input element. Will it be added back in?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.