Animation Studio *(Freezing) - Post...

User 2924428 Photo

1,718 posts

Hey guy's, does anyone have any experience with having their Animation Studio locking up while trying to import a video? Mine is doing that big time, it freezes and I have to restart, i've done a ffdshow and used sherlock to track my codec's, but don't know where to go from here.. i'm using 2.3 build 193
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The last time you had that happen Matt was the video itself was corrupted. When I reconverted the video, it corrected it. Have you tried that again?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2924428 Photo

1,718 posts

Yeah me and Adam went over a bunch of troubleshooting, however we came to the conclusion it was format or reformat my drive, but I can't lose all of the data I have on this PC :(
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

UnclePlusMax wrote:
Yeah me and Adam went over a bunch of troubleshooting, however we came to the conclusion it was format or reformat my drive, but I can't lose all of the data I have on this PC :(

If you cannot afford to loose the data, I hope you have a good backup in place. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2924428 Photo

1,718 posts

No backup just websites, and mod's, what's a good place to back up?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

UnclePlusMax wrote:
No backup just websites, and mod's, what's a good place to back up?

Get Dropbox and just always save everything into there. Fully automated backup. Their free plan gives you 2GB of storage.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

And you can earn up to 16gb doing certain things and inviting others to join Dropbox.

Also, a really good thing to have is an external hard drive to back all your data on your computer to so you don't lose it. That gives you 2 good chances of saving it as well as having Dropbox with a select part of your data.
User 2924428 Photo

1,718 posts

Ok that's probably what i'll go with.. thanks guys..:D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.